Basic stepping, just like walking up and down stairs, is at the heart of Les Mills BodyStep – a full-body cardio workout to really tone your butt and thighs.
In a Les Mills BodyStep Athletic class you combine basic stepping with moves like burpees, push ups and weight plate exercises to work the upper body. If you fancy quicker stepping and the chance to showcase your rhythm and flair then Les Mills BodyStep Classic is the way to go. There are always lots of options to get you through the workout safely.
Our bubbly and approachable instructors coach you through the workout. We play invigorating hit music, inject a whole lot of fun and personality along the way to you leave buzzing with satisfaction.
A TYPICAL CLASS
Each of the music tracks in a Les Mills BodyStep class has a specific exercise focus. Together they create an energizing, full body workout. Remember that BodyStep caters to all fitness levels and you can increase or decrease the intensity of the workout by raising or lowering the height of your step. Paragon Fitness offer Les Mills BodyStep classes of both 45 and 55 minute duration.
- A typical Les Mills BodyStep class will first take you through a warm-up, and then it’s onto the basic movements, where you’ll learn how to step correctly. We’ll gradually lift the intensity and range of movement.
- You will then start to break a sweat as you lift the energy and your heart rate up to the first two fitness peaks, each followed by recovery time that focuses on strength and toning. Next is the party track, followed by the speed track. The third and final cardio peak gives you the option to really push it. This one is a physically challenging combination of moves so remember to give it all you’ve got.
- Phew! You’ll then be able to catch your breath and move to the floor for conditioning work on the upper body and abdominals. Then you’ll stretch it out as you cool down after an intense workout.
Check the Timetable for class times and duration at Paragon Fitness.
- Burn lots of calories for a leaner body
- Improve your strength through core conditioning work
- Raise your overall fitness levels
- Improve your coordination
- Improve your bone health and density
- Increase your heart and lung capacity through a full-body cardio workout